PROMOTIONAL OFFER RULES: Promotional offer applies to new personal checking accounts (excluding SouthState at Work product type) opened between 10/18/2021 and 12/31/2021 with the promo code EARN200. To open an account at a branch location, a $25 minimum deposit is required; no minimum deposit is required for accounts opened online. Residency restrictions may apply and offer not available to employees of South State Bank, N.A. or its subsidiaries.
Offer is limited to one per customer, cannot be combined with any other personal checking or deposit offer, or reproduced, purchased, sold, transferred or traded. SouthState reserves the right to modify or discontinue the offer at any time without notice.
Eligibility & Qualifications: To receive the $200 rebate, you must meet the following criteria:
• At account opening, you cannot be a current owner or joint owner of a SouthState personal checking account, or have been an owner or joint owner of a SouthState personal checking account in the past 12 months.
• Within 60 calendar days of opening the account, you must have:
– 15 or more posted and cleared debit card purchases/payments from the account; AND
– Monthly cumulative direct deposits of at least $250 of your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular recurring monthly income (Note: Internal account transfers, mobile deposits, or deposits made at a banking location or ATM, do not qualify as a direct deposit.); OR
– One or more preauthorized automatic drafts by a third party of at least $25 (excluding recurring Debit Card payments and person to person transfers).
• Your account must be open with no changes to the product type (i.e. SouthState Checking, Choice Checking, Gold Checking etc.) at the time of payment.
Promotional Rebate Payment: If you meet all of the Eligibility and Qualifications above, we will post the $200 rebate to your account within 2 business days of the completion of the 60 calendar day qualifying period. The rebate will be reported to the appropriate taxing authorities, as required by law or regulation.
- You can avoid the $5 Monthly Maintenance Charge if on the final day of your statement cycle you have signed up to receive electronic statements (“eStatements”). You must be enrolled in Online Banking to receive eStatements. If you do not sign up to receive eStatements, your Online Banking access is terminated, or you withdraw your consent to receive eStatements, your Account will be subject to the Maintenance Charge, which will be debited from your Account without further notice to you and will appear on your Account statement.
Proof of employment or service may be required. Proof of employment or service may be shown by receipt of payment to your account (may include retirement benefits) from a branch of the Military, Healthcare Provider, Law Enforcement Agency, Rescue Service, School or a Non-profit (501(c)(3)) Organization to be eligible for this account type.
- We will credit your account the foreign ATM fees incurred for up to 3 ATM transactions conducted at any non-SouthState ATM per statement cycle. Other fees charged by the ATM provider may apply.
- If you are enrolled in Overdraft Sweep Protection, we will credit your account for any Overdraft Sweep Fees incurred during the statement cycle.
- You may receive one order of SouthState Bank Custom wallet style checks at no charge or a $10 discount on another check style per calendar year. You are responsible for the costs of any additional check orders or other check styles. Check costs vary by check style.
Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle.