Online & Mobile Banking FAQs
Online Banking FAQsView All Online Banking FAQs
Click here to Enroll Now. If you need assistance, please visit your local branch or contact us at 1-800-277-2175.
From the Home Screen, click on an Account to view more account details. Click Documents at the top of the screen under the account name. Select the Account, Document Type, and Date Range you wish to view and then click Submit.
Yes. You can use BillPay to make payments or click on the “Credit Card Info” link within Online Banking to access your credit card account to make payments.
Within Online Banking navigate to the Profile tab. Next, click on the Edit link beside password or challenge questions. From here you can update your information.
Mobile Banking FAQsView All Mobile Banking FAQs
- Go to the App Store (iTunes®1 ;or Google PlayTM2 ).
- Search for SouthState Mobile Banking App or SouthState Bank.
- Once the App is installed, enter account information, tap Next. (PLEASE NOTE: The PIN will be the last 4 digits of your SSN/EIN.)
- Enter the following information: First Name, Last Name, Address, City, State and Zip. Tap Next.
- Enter DOB, email address and create your Security Question. Tap Begin Enrollment.
- Please complete the additional verification questions and click Enroll.
- Review and agree to the online banking terms and conditions. Tap Agree.
- Create a Username, Password* and confirm your Password. Tap Continue.
- Set up Challenge Questions and Answers. Tap Continue.
- Once you have completed the enrollment process, the Log In screen to sign in to Mobile Banking will appear. Login using your Username and Password.
Yes, you can pay bills through the Mobile Internet Browser or Mobile App. You can add new payments, as well as view, modify or cancel pending payments. Bill payments are not available with Text Banking. Message and Data rates may apply.
You will have two options when adding a new biller using Bill Capture:
1. Tap Transfer & Pay, then Make and manage payments.
2. Tap Bill Capture.
3.Tap Take a Picture, which will prompt you to take a picture of the front of your bill.
4. Then Edit the bill as needed (you may add up to 10 pages of your bill).
5. Select Save.
1. Tap Transfer & Pay, then Make and manage payments.
2. Tap Manage Contacts, and then Add a New Contact.
3. Select Add by Photo.
4. You will be prompted you to take a picture of the front of your bill.
3. Then Edit the bill as needed (you may add up to 10 pages of your bill).
5. Select Save.
To enable Touch ID2 /Fingerprint ID, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Mobile App and select the More menu.
- Toggle the Touch ID/Fingerprint ID switch to the On Position
If there are no fingerprints currently stored on the device, the app will instruct users to set up at least one fingerprint on the device
before enabling Touch ID/Fingerprint ID.
- After enabling, the app automatically prompts for fingerprint when launching the app
For security purposes, the Mobile App requires users to enter their Password when performing transactions to move funds (transferring money, paying bills, paying people, etc.).
Mobile Deposit FAQsView All Mobile Deposit FAQs
Mobile Deposits are limited to a total of $7,500 per day. There is no limit on the number of checks you may deposit, as long as you have not exceeded your daily total deposit amount.
You can deposit personal or business checks payable in U.S. dollars and drawn on any U.S. financial institution or US Treasury Department. The check must be payable to, and endorsed by, the account holder.
You cannot deposit the following items through mobile deposit:
- Traveler’s checks
- Money orders
- Savings bonds
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than the person or entity that owns the account into which the check is being deposited.
- Checks payable jointly, unless deposited into a joint account with all payees available
- Checks containing any alteration Checks suspected as fraudulent
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the U.S.
- Checks not payable in U.S. currency.
- Checks dated more than six (6) months prior to the date of deposit.
- Checks that have previously been submitted through Mobile Deposits or another remote deposit capture service offered at SouthState Bank or any other financial institution.
- Checks drawn on a home equity line of credit, or other convenience checks.
- Checks without a check or account number in the MICR line at the bottom of the check (Example: counter checks)
- Checks with writing or printing that obscures any part of the MICR line
Your check could have been rejected for several reasons including:
- Your check image was not clear.
- Your check exceeded the daily limit of $7,500.
- Your check was a duplicate deposit.
- Your check was not endorsed.
At any time you can see the status of the deposit by selecting Deposit and then View mobile deposit history. Once your deposit is accepted, it will turn green within mobile deposit history.
- Log into Online Banking.
- Click Send Money at top.
- If this is your first time setting up BillPay, you will be asked to verify your account information and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Click Add a Company or Person to begin setup.
- To add a Company, search under the given tabs, or you can type in the Company name. Enter in the account number and zip code associated with the Company.
- To add a Person, enter in the First and Last Name with their Email Address or Mobile Number.
- Once you have provided the information for the Company or Person, click Add.
- Review the information, click Finish to complete.
- To make a payment, enter in the Amount and Deliver By date by the company or person you would like to pay, and click Send Money at the bottom.
Please note: If you have BillPay set up on multiple accounts, please be sure to select the account you wish to pay your bill from the drop-down box in the Payment Center.
If you are paying a company and you have an account number – search for the company name (or you can enter all information from a current bill). Enter additional information such as account number and mailing address.
If you are paying a company and you do not have an account number – search for the company using a telephone number (or you can enter all information from a current bill). Enter additional information such as account number and mailing address.
f you are paying a person you have two options – mail a check through BillPay or send money electronically.
To mail a check through BillPay, search for the person using a publicly listed telephone number or enter their name, mailing address and phone number.
If an eBill is offered by one of your billers you will see an eBill link next to the AutoPay link below each biller name, as well as a Get eBills flag under the payee details.
To get started:
- Click the eBills link then Get eBills.
- Enter and/or verify your information
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions.
- Click the Add button.
Bill payments set up within BillPay will be paid according to how the biller will accept payments. Some vendors accept payments electronically, enabling us to pay them within one or two days. Others do not accept electronic payments so a check must be mailed to them. Depending on the location of where the check is being mailed, it may take three to five days for it to be received.
One of the following will occur:
- The payment amount is debited from your account and sent electronically to the biller.
- The payment amount is debited from your account, converted to a check, then mailed to the biller.
- A check is created for the payment amount and mailed to the biller. Once the biller receives and deposits the check, the amount is debited from your account.
Yes, you can. Simply contact our Customer Care Center and one of our personal bankers will be happy to make the change. You can contact them by calling (800) 277-2175 Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 7 PM and Saturday from 8 AM to 3 PM.
Bank to Bank Transfer FAQsView All Bank to Bank Transfer FAQs
Accepting the Terms of Service through Online or Mobile Banking is the only requirement to use the standard 3-day delivery speed. In order to use the Express Transfer delivery speed, customers must complete all of the following:
- Perform a successful standard inbound Bank to Bank External Transfer of $500 or more within the last 30 days.
- Maintain a $750 balance in the SouthState account they are transferring to/from before the Bank to Bank External Transfer.
- Have a positive balance for the last 3 months.
Yes. There is a daily and monthly limit. At anytime, you can click the blue circle icon next to the amount box to see your limits.
Yes, there is a fee to send funds to another bank. However, there is not a charge to receive funds into your SouthState Bank account. Log in to Online Banking for fee details.
The cut-off time for Bank to Bank External Transfer is 1 A.M. EST. After this time, all transfers will be processed and cannot be cancelled.
- Apple Pay and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.
- Google Pay is a trademark of Google Inc.