How Cards Stepped Up to the Challenge of COVID-19
Read the Infographic Text
How Cards Stepped Up to the Challenge of COVID-19RPMG Research Corporation surveyed businesses on workplace changes and card program adjustments they made, and the expect to make, in the face of COVID-19.
- 77% of employees worked from home during the pandemic
- 98% saw a major increase in the percentage of employees working from home
Primary Method for Business Related Purchases for Employees Working from Home
- 65% organization-provided plastic card
- 1% VCN (Virtual Card Number) sent to employee mobile device
- 7% employee personal resources with later reimbursement
- 27% purchasing department requisition
Card Policy Changes"Our card program has always had flexibility for unusual purchases and unique needs. We have the different challenges now; the questions have changed, but the processes haven't."
60% of respondents did not plan to make policy changes related to card purchase scope and limits, but of those who did, they were:
- 5 times more likely to have increased plastic card distribution
- 7 times more likely to expect an increase in card spending
- Least likely (less than 1% of the time) to highly value the card's enablement of employees to make purchases when needed
Most Valuable aspects of Cards: